Cats was the large loser at this year’s Golden Raspberry Awards, which are specified to the year’s worst movies.
The extensively derided musical was offered six Razzies, which includes worst photo and worst director for Tom Hooper.
James Corden was named worst supporting actor, although Rebel Wilson was named worst supporting actress.
The gongs have been thanks to be introduced at a are living LA ceremony but in its place took place by using movie hyperlink after the party was cancelled thanks to coronavirus worries.
The motion picture adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s strike phase exhibit boasted a star-studded cast, which also included Taylor Swift and Dame Judi Dench.
But its glitzy line-up couldn’t help you save it from its haul of Razzies, which also integrated worst display combo and worst screenplay.
- Why Cats may be destined for the litter tray ★★☆☆☆
- Lame opening for Cats at US and United kingdom box office
It follows the panning it received from critics. And that came right after Hooper redesigned the characters pursuing an original negative response just from its trailer.
Even its stars have since mocked the movie, with Rebel Wilson joking about its failure when presenting awards at the Golden Globes and yet again when joined by Corden, equally in total cat costumes, at the Oscars.
The film had an believed spending budget of $95m (£77m) and has to day managed to claw back again $74m (£61m) at the around the globe box business office, in accordance to Box Business Mojo.
Hilary Duff’s performance in The Haunting of Sharon Tate attained her the dishonour of remaining named worst actress, and John Travolta was named worst actor for Investing Paint and The Fanatic.
Rambo: Final Blood did not shine both, becoming named worst remake, rip off or sequel, as very well as “worst reckless disregard for human everyday living and community home”.
But Eddie Murphy won the Razzie Redeemer award – honouring a previous Razzie recipient who has gone on to do superior do the job – for his purpose in Dolemite is My Identify.
Winners (losers) in total:
- Worst photo: Cats
- Worst actor: John Travolta for The Fanatic and Investing Paint
- Worst actress: Hilary Duff for The Haunting of Sharon Tate
- Worst supporting actress: Rebel Wilson for Cats
- Worst supporting actor: James Corden for Cats
- Worst display combo: Any Two 50 percent-Feline/50 %-Human Hairballs in Cats
- Worst screenplay: Cats
- Worst director: Tom Hooper for Cats
- Worst remake, rip-off or sequel: Rambo: Last Blood
- Worst reckless disregard for human lifetime and public home: Rambo: Very last Blood
- Razzie Redeemer: Eddie Murphy for Dolemite Is My Identify
Comply with us on Facebook or on Twitter @BBCNewsEnts. If you have a tale recommendation electronic mail .