Sunday, 20 September, 2020

Bacon saved after pedometer-eating pig’s poo starts farm fire



Image copyright
North Yorkshire Fireplace and Rescue Support

Picture caption

Firefighters mentioned they “saved the bacon” following a battery in the pedometer ignited in a pen

A peckish pig who swallowed a pedometer ended up sparking a fire in its pen.

Hearth crews have been named to a farm in the vicinity of Bramham, Leeds, at about 14:00 GMT on Saturday after copper from the pedometer’s batteries evidently reacted with the pig’s excrement and dry bedding.

The pedometers had been being applied on pigs to demonstrate they ended up absolutely free-array. No pigs or men and women ended up harm in the fireplace.

North Yorkshire Fireplace and Rescue Support mentioned it had absent to “help you save the bacon”.

Impression copyright
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service

Picture caption

The fire burned about 75 sq m of hay on the farm around Bramham

In a Twitter publish, the hearth services explained: “Should be an oink not a tweet.”

“Trigger of fire attributed to a battery-run pedometer carried by a single of the pigs (to demonstrate it was no cost-variety), which was eaten by the other.”

The fireplace service explained crews were being despatched at about 14:00 GMT just after “mother nature experienced taken its training course”.





Resource link